Tour of Amsted Rail
Wednesday, May 29, 2019, 10:30 AM - 12 noon
Amsted Rail builds everything for railcars from wheels, axles and bearings to brake systems, bogies, bolsters and more.
Attendance is limited to just 30 people! Mark your calendar and set the time aside. Also, PLEASE NOTE, the tour is on a weekday, Wednesday, in the morning. Amsted does not work on the weekend; so this will be our first ever tour on a weekday.
Safety Requirements: Tour of a Fabrication Shop under Actual Working Conditions! Safety is paramount!
• Safety shoes – if you have them, wear them; otherwise, a very limited number can be provided BUT Need To Know Your Shoe Size. No open-toed shoes.
• Regular eyeglasses with safety lens are acceptable. Safety goggles – if you have them, wear them; otherwise, they can be provided.
• No tank tops.
• Hard hats – if you have one, bring it; otherwise, a limited number can be provided.
• Earplugs – if you have them, bring them; otherwise, they can be provided.
• ADA accessibility – None, as plant floor is rough and uneven. Floor is neither wheelchair nor walker friendly.
In addition to Safety Requirements, Amsted Rail needs to know the following information: (Will be on Sign Up Sheet.)
1. Organization you represent (as a professional), and your current employer (if working). (This is to make sure there isn't a conflict of interest.)
2. Do you have walking restrictions?
3. Do you have a pacemaker?
4. Are you prone to seizures?
Questions 2, 3 and 4 relate to Safety/Health Concerns that could affect you with the equipment Amsted uses.
Picture taking and videotaping are NOT allowed because of customer confidentiality agreements.
More information will be coming later as to directions, parking, etc.
Sign up sheets will be available at upcoming meetings or you may contact Ron Gawedzinski, firstname.lastname@example.org, or telephone 314-846-5559.
Click HERE for printable page.
Copyright © 2019 - All Rights Reserved - St. Louis NRHS